Custom Fields in Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:15

Custom Fields in Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2010 00:00

I have inserted custom fields into the sf_meta_fields table as described in the article content post. How are the custom fields included in the UI frontend/backend and can the view BlogsBackendInsertPost template be extracted, customised and mapped.

Regards,

Neil

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi nenwmn,

The Templates could not be extracted in the BETA version. You can create the dynamic field by using DynamicData facade

App.WorkWith().DynamicData().Type(typeof(NewsItem)) .Field().TryCreateNew("FirstName", typeof(string), ref changedDB).Done()

or using .MetadataManager.CreateMetafield which is the same.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

With the upcoming release can the admin templates be extracted to add a custom server control to the BlogsBackendInsertPost template and override.

Regards,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Our plans are to provide the backend templates after the RC. There is a folder with external templates for the public controls in the SDK that you an use.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Ivan,

I am aware and tested the SDK templates but these are not the ones I mean. Wiil the template that creates blogpost through the admin UI be customisable like SDK frontend templates are in the official release. I have a server control and just want to extend beyond the functionality out of the box for blogposts.

Best Regards,

Neil

Hi Neil,

We will provide the templates after the RC and I mentioned this at the beginning of my previous reply.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks Ivan,

Sorry for the confusion was just trying to clarify after the RC, did this mean the official release or in future service packs?

Best Regards,

Neil 

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Neil,

The concept is that we will have a built-in editor that will allow you to edit the control template directly in Sitefinity. I believe that we will manage to do this for the official release. For the time being you can copy all template from Reflector by using Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources dll.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Now can we edit the autogenerated backend views through the build-in editor? Is this feature available in the officicial release?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Duneel,

You can edit most of the public widget templates though the built in widget template editor. The implementation for editing all templates is not scheduled yet and it is not in our plans for  Q1 and Q2.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Could you please reply to the support ticket I've created below? I need some sample code and it is explained in the support ticket.

http://www.sitefinity.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket.aspx?threadid=397808

Thanks,
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Duneel,

I will get back to you in the support request you have opened.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed