Can we have recurring events in 4.0?
I thought I had read that this would be available in 4.0 but I don't see that anywhere in beta.
I've downloaded 4.0 beta and have many more questions:
Where is the option to move blog postings from one blog to another?
Image titles - Added 8 images at the same time using "add more" and the titles of the images got mixed up - the koala bear picture is titled "jellyfish" and the jellyfish pic is titled "koala".
Adding an image to a page - I couldn't pick an image library and then the image, I had to search through all images from all libraries. I want to be able to select a gallery instead of wading through possible 100s of images.
In 3.7, you can edit a page and share existing content by using the "share this content" link or select shared content, I didn't see that in 4.0 beta.
I didn't see where we can view history of a template then be able to revert back.
Image gallery - I added it to the page, selected which album I wanted to use under "Images > Which images to display?" and then went to "Settings" to pick the display and saved. But it didn't save my selection from "Images > Which images to display?", I had to save there and then re-edit to make changes under settings.
The window size for the content block is really tall - I have to scroll down to get to the save button (see attached screen shot).
Currently the search does not re-index if a blog posting is changed, has that been changed in 4.0? When will search be available in 4.0?
Is the inline content editing currently in the beta release - I didn't see it.
I didn't see an events scheduler like there is in 3.7 to display events in a calendar view.
In 3.7, you can easily see an overview of the image libraries by using the list view under "
Images & Documents > All libraries". The "manage albums" view in 4.0 doesn't have a list view.
Thank you for your interest in Sitefinity 4.0.
Let me briefly try to address your inquiries in your forum thread.
1) Blog posts do not have the bulk edit feature yet. It has been suggested as a feature request and we will discuss its implementation. Right now this can be achieved through the Fluent API.
2) Events will have recurring events in the Release Candidate. In the Beta this scenario is not supported.
3) Events do not have the calendar view yet, however we are in the process of implementation.
4) The content block issue which you are experiencing (being too tall and unable to edit it) is a known bug for IE7 browser. You can try using IE 8 or FF or Chrome where this is not reproducible.
5) The content block control currently does not have the ability to select shared content or share content. However this feature high on our priority list and it will be implemented for sure.
6) Images - we have noticed a problem when you have a page called images. The images module resolves paths as /images/.. and sometimes this breaks the resolving of images. Consider images as a reserved word for the moment. We consider this as a critical issue and will take actions for resolving this. However if you create the page with another name the problem disappears. Please take a look at attached video sample which addresses your questions about the images.
the Telerik team
I'll look more into the images.
I get the large content box using Firefox (3.6.x, OS is Windows 7) (see attachment).
Thank you for the screenshot. The popup is resizable so you can resize it. I will talk to our user experience team about the window size - to allow for smaller screen resolutions to be able to view it normally.
the Telerik team
My organization would also LOVE having recurring events built into 4.0. Please add it!