Error in opening Sitefinity 4.0 site in Visual Studio

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:51

Error in opening Sitefinity 4.0 site in Visual Studio

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello All,

I have downloaded the latest Sitefinity 4.0 Beta version. I was able to create a Site using the same. But when I was trying to open the project/site in Viwsual Studion, I am getting the following error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Unable to read the project file 'SitefinityWebApp.csproj'. 

C:\Documents and Settings\nagendra.rao\Desktop\Sitefinity\4.0 Beta\Projects\Test\SitefinityWebApp.csproj(151,11): The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
OK   
I have Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 installed on my system.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & regards,
Nagendra Rao

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello All,

Please answer this, so that I can decide whether to go for V 4.0 or V 3.x because this is the basic thing (as far as I know).

Thanks & Regards,
Nagendra Rao

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Nagendra,

Thank you for using our services.

The Sitefintiy 4.0 beta websites are built as WebApplications. It looks like your visual studio is missing the WebApplication build targets installed. Please take a look at this form post which explains how to fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed