Analytics Async Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:11

Analytics Async Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2010 00:00

[Async_ExceptionOccurred) Debugging resource string unavailable.

A reason this could be occuring?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Preston,

Thank you for using our services.

Unfortunately we cannot tell much about this error without having some further information on it. Can you please give us details on when you get this error and how you get it. Probably you can provide us with a set of steps we have to take as well as where to look for the error - do you get it while browsing the Analytics module or you get this error in Visual Studio while trying to attach a debugger to the webservice providing data for the analytics?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

The error occurs when I click on the 'Analytics' tab.  After the silverlight file is loaded, it displays the error.  Fiddler shows the last request to Sitefinity/Services/Analytics/AnalyticsPermissionsService.svc .   While the http status is 200, that is where the request stops.  So I can only assume it is a permissions issue with that service. 

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Preston,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you please let us know what are your Authentication settings in IIS - Windows Authentications, Anonymous Authentication, etc?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2010 00:00

It's set to anonymous only.  I am unable to set both or just windows integrated.

www.sitefinity.com/.../iis-authentication-modes.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Preston,

Yes the problem with Windows and Anonymous Authentication is already discussed and since it is again an svc service it will experience the same problems. We have tested this however with Anonymous only and the Analytics module performs as expeceted. Can you check the response of the web server? Does it get any more detailed information. Could it be possible that the website cannot connect to the analytics service due to firewall or other settings on the machine?

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

I was suffering from this same error. Our server was using a private ip address and could not contact google analytics. Once I changed the ip address to a public ip and the server could access google, the analytics module started working. Make sure that your server can access google analytics.

This thread is closed