Zone is null JS error when using Custom Template

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:47

Zone is null JS error when using Custom Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2010 00:00

I have created a custom template and am using it on a few pages. After editing a new content block on a page I receive a javascript error 'zone is null'.

var docks = zone.get_docks();

The text does not appear in the content block while editing until after i publish a page and go back to re-edit the page. This does not happen when going into 'Design > Page Templates' and editing there.

Here is my template
<%@ Master Language="C#" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/.../xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<script runat="server">

</script>

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
        <div id="wrap">

<div id="container">
            <div id="top-menu">
                <div id="top">
                    <asp:contentplaceholder id="head" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
                </div>
            </div>

<div id="main">
                    <div id="header">
                        <asp:contentplaceholder id="HeaderPlh" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
                    </div>
                    <div id="sub-header">
                        <asp:contentplaceholder id="SubHeaderP1h" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
                    </div>

<div id="center">
                        <div id="content-rich">
                            <asp:contentplaceholder id="CenterPlh" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>    
                        </div> 
                    </div>

<div id="pre-footer">
                        <asp:contentplaceholder id="PreFooterP1h" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
                    </div>

</div>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div id="footer">
            <div id="sitemap">
                <div id="site-nav">
                    <asp:contentplaceholder id="FooterPlh" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
                </div>     
            </div>
            <div id="copyright">
                <asp:contentplaceholder id="ContactP1h" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>     
            </div>
        </div>

</form>
</body>
</html>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2010 00:00

Upon more research this happens when duplicating a page and then selecting my custom template. If I create a page from scratch and use my template this does not happen.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for using our services.

I have tried to reproduce this issue with the provided master page as well as with some of my own very similar to this one. However I have nod been able to do so. We have had similar issues with page templates in the previous release of Sitefinity 4.0 - Sitefinity 4.0 CTP. Are you using the beta version or the CTP one?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I am using the beta version. The page i duplicated was using one of the built in templates '2 Sidebars, Header, Footer'

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am still trying to reproduce the issue, however to no avail. I have attached a small screen cast of the steps I take to get the result you are getting. Can you please review the video and see if I am not performing any steps as you are? Can you also provide me with a list of steps which reproduces the problem?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I am doing similar steps, but it turns out that is not the controls that cause this issue. I added a layout element into the page (25% + 50% + 25%) then duplicated the page. Then when editing the duplicate page the error occurs. I've reproduced it a few times, it doesn't seem to matter what template is chosen or if any content blocks etc are added on the original page.

So is the duplicated page looking for this layout element that maybe not have been copied over?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Kristian,

Do you have the layout element added to the template or to the page? When you duplicate the page do you change the template or leave it with the originally selected template?

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

I have the layout element added to the page, not the template. when i duplicate the page i change the template

Hello Kristian,

I have managed to reproduce this issue in the Beta, however it is not reproducible in later builds. It appears to be fixed.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed