Build Failure

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:31

Build Failure

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2010 00:00

I am evaluating Sitefinity 4.0.  Using Visual Studio 2010, I am attempting to build a fresh install of SF 4.0 beta and I get a build failure (see attached image).

I have read through other posts and I understand SF 4.0 does not run on .NET 4.0.  I have configured IIS7 to use the .NET 2.0 since .NET 3.0 and 3.5 are just extensions of 2.0.  In VS 2010, my target framework is 3.5.  With these configurations, it seems that at a minimum, a bare SF 4.0 web application should build.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Bryan,
I've run into the same problems, they are caused by missing references, and/or references that are update by visual studio 2010 that for some reason if you are using an newer version of Telerik dll's on your system that are different from the Beta version.

I've found this recent video about the fluent api to be helpfull, as he runs into the same problems and explains how to fix the dll's and some of the other bugs in the beta version as well. Worth a watch and should get you over the build problem.

http://www.sitefinity.com/4.0/support/extending-sitefinity/sitefinity-4-0-beta-apis.aspx

Burl

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2010 00:00

Thanks Burl,

I tried a bit different approach and it worked.  Although the DLLs were out of sync but I just re-referenced them in the project.

What I did was rather than opening the web site directly in visual studio, I opened the csproj that is generated as a result of creating a new sitefinity project using the SDK tools.  After a bit of dependency resolution I was able to get it to build and now I am up and running.

Thanks for your reply!
Bryan

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Bryan,

Glad you got it going, that was some of the key the information contained in the video also.

Have you tried using the Wcf services in a Silverlight project yet? Giving me fits trying to access the membership services.

Burl

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2011 00:00

The video link recommended below is broken. Likely occurred after the website refresh. What is the new path for these videos?

This thread is closed