Theme / template for 4.0 Beta?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:51

Theme / template for 4.0 Beta?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi,

A few weeks ago I was protyping the tool using sitefinity 3.7 using the inspiration theme / templates. I have downloaded 4.0 beta but I can't find any templates that have been built for 4.0. When I look back at the pages created using the 3.7 version the controls seems very different for 4.0

It is possible to provide a comparible template for 4.0?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve Brook,

You could take a look at

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

I have read the designers manual and it provide the outline for creating a template based on the univeristy page but that is such a simple page and has no real controls. If you look at the 3 inspiration master pages it provides all you need to create a website quikly with all of the required menu controls.

What is needed is a comparible set of templates (using the correct widgets) for 4.0?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve Brook,

We are currently working on a set of templates. I want to assure you that with later releases of the SDK you will see more complex themes and templates.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for the response. When are you likely to have templates available for the SDK? I am not looking at any real web development, just want to publish some business pages with the template that works with the 4.0 beta product / widgets?

Thanks

Hi Steve Brook,

The releases of the SDK follow the releases of Sitefinity 4.0. The next official release of Sitefinity 4.0 is schedule for October (the Release Candidate). We do plan to have internal releases between the Beta and RC - this means that the SDK will follow those releases.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Hi,

Do you have a 4.0 beta demonstration for the university website that is accessible over the web (similar to the current 3.7) or other similar 4.0 beta demo website?

Thanks

Hello Steve Brook,

Unfortunately not yet. Those resources will be available on a later stage of the SDK development.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

HI,

I am progressing with the template design and working through the "how to create a template - 4.0". I copied the university sample  master page and themes (including css and images) without any changes. The #top-menu-holder navigation page looks as it should. The #footer-sitemap with the row navigation does not look like the  example image in the document (final page). No copy of the code is provided in the document and is only a single line reference on page 15. I have include an image of how the footer looks.

I have copied the code in my sample file, perhaps there is a difference between the code supplied and that used in the example??

Also the beta 4.0 release did not include the emptypackages.zip file, is this correct?

thanks

.RadSiteMap_University ul.rsmColumn 
    width: 190px !important;
    margin-top: 15px;

.RadSiteMap_University ul.rsmColumn li.rsmItem a.rsmLink 
    text-indent: 30px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-image: url(../Images/bullet_gray.jpg);

.RadSiteMap_University ul.rsmColumn li.rsmItem ul.rsmLevel1 li.rsmItem a.rsmLink 
    text-indent: 15px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-image: url(../Images/bullet.jpg);
    background-position: left center;

.RadSiteMap_University ul.rsmColumn li.rsmItem ul.rsmLevel1 
    margin-top: 20px;

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Steve Brook,

Can you try setting up the navigation control in the footer to be a sitemap divided in columns, as in attached image? You are correct about the empty project files - however all projects created with the Beta PM are empty.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed