Services Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:29

Services Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

I am getting the following error with the services in Sitefinity 4.0 beta.  This example is the PagesService but it is happening with taxonomy and others as well.  I have done some research on the net and people indicate it is an issue with host headers on a shared host.  I added the following to my system.serviceModel config:

<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true">
  <baseAddressPrefixFilters>
    <add prefix="http://webstaging"/>
  </baseAddressPrefixFilters>
</serviceHostingEnvironment>

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index]

System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() +78

System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) +53

System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1.get_Item(Int32 index) +81

System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost.AddAutomaticWebHttpBindingEndpoints(ServiceHost host, IDictionary`2 implementedContracts, String multipleContractsErrorMessage) +96

System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost.OnOpening() +276

Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.MS.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost2.OnOpening() +40

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.DefaultServiceHost.OnOpening() +9

System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +397

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +135

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +654

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index.]

System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +15700960

System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +15623609

System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) +265

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Before applying the above config change, I get this error:

[ArgumentException: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Parameter name: item]

System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item) +15583484

System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item) +65

System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor(Uri[] addresses) +62

System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) +266

System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) +10

Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.MS.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost2..ctor(Type serviceType, Boolean dummy, Uri[] baseAddresses) +77

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.DefaultServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) +15

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.WcfHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) +45

System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses) +427

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +604

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +46

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +654

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Parameter name: item.]

System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +15700960

System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +15623609

System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) +265

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

As with others who are having the same issue, the application is working fine on my local machine for development but this error happens when I deploy the app to a staging server.

Thanks,
Bryan

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for using our services.

I have setup a website on local IIS and have managed to reproduce the issue. It seems that it is coming from the WcfHandlerFactory - we need to provide further configurations for RESTful WcfServices so that you are able to select a default http binding for the services. I have noticed that in another forum thread you  have provided a workaround for this problem. Thank you for sharing your fix. We are going to resolve this issue for our future releases of the CMS.

I have updated your Telerik Points. If you encounter any other problems please feel free to let us know.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2010 00:00

Very cool!  Thanks Radoslav.

This thread is closed