asp.net 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:03

asp.net 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi,

I have a solution that has many projects under it, I would like sitefinity website to be a part of that solution. We have migrated to asp.net 4.0 a while ago. Is it possible to update sitefinity website to run under 4.0?

NOte, I have just downloaded an evaluation version of sitefinity 4.0 yesterday. I managed to add this new website to my solution, however, I cannot reference my asp.net 4.0 dlls..

Thank you.

Hi debett,

Sitefinity 4.0 will provide support for .NET Framework 4.0 with RC release. Currently we do not ship an edition that runs under .NET Framework 4.0 and there is no guarantee that the project will work properly.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Soryy, I am a little bit unfamiliar with your terminology. What does that mean: "Sitefinity 4.0 will provide support for .NET Framework 4.0 with RC release" What and when is rc release?

Thank you.

Hello debett,

The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

When do you expect this to be released?

Hello debett,

Sitefinity 4.0 is planned for official release in  November of this year. The RC – release candidate should be available in October. These are our plans for now.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed