allow multple users to login with the same username and pass

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:29

allow multple users to login with the same username and password

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

iam exploring sitefinty 4.0 and its not allowing multiple users to login with same user name and password in different machine. I come to know its a feature added in 4.0 from one of the forum post. Is it possible to customize the login functionality and allow multple users to login with the same username and password?

Thanks
Faluludeen

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Mohudoom Faluludeen,

You cannot log in one user from two or more places at the same time into backend. One backend user can be logged in only from one machine. If you try to access the backend from another machine you have to log out the user from the other machine( we force this automatically - there is a button to do this).

There is no limit for the front-end users

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way of adding custom logic/code to customize this to work for multiple users with the same usernames to login in the backend.

Hello Mohudoom Faluludeen,

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2010 00:00

Is there a way to programmatically log the user out from another machine, or a way to tell the LoginForm control to do this automatically upon login instead of prompting the user to manually click the button?  This message is becoming a bit of a nuisance even when the user is not actually logged in on another machine.

Thanks,
Matt

Hello Matt,

Please take a look at this post that shows how you can log a user programmatically.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks, Ivan.

Are you suggesting that I build my own login form, and that this will bypass the check to see if the user is logged in on another machine (and log them off of the other machine)?  I have used the programmatic login for my new user registration form, but have not yet tried it for return users... I'll give this a try and report back.
Thanks,
Matt

Hello Matt,

I am not suggesting to build login control. The post shows how to set the authentication cookie that Sitefinity uses. The login control just validates the user. You can write your own code that does this if you do not want to use the login form.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed