Shared Developer Environments

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:28

Shared Developer Environments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

In our developer environment, there is one shared Sitefinity database and multiple developers who run the website on their local machines.  When I go into the project manager and create a new project, then launch the administration site, I put in the shared database connection.  Then I receive the following error:

No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Role ('sf_roles') GenericOID@470d3d65 Role id=2f4478b0-4749-459d-91e6-2fda9a379607 NOTRES

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.NoSuchObjectException: No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Role ('sf_roles') GenericOID@470d3d65 Role id=2f4478b0-4749-459d-91e6-2fda9a379607 NOTRES

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NoSuchObjectException: No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Role ('sf_roles') GenericOID@470d3d65 Role id=2f4478b0-4749-459d-91e6-2fda9a379607 NOTRES ]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.Backends.ThrowException(Exception e) +4
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.ExceptionWrapper.Throw() +14
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.OpenAccessPersistenceManagerImp.handleException(Exception x) +716
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.OpenAccessPersistenceManagerImp.getObjectById(Object oid, Boolean validate) +667
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.UnsynchronizedPMProxy.getObjectById(Object o, Boolean b) +38
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.ObjectScope.GetObjectById(IObjectId oid) +91
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.OpenAccessRoleProvider.GetRole(Guid id) +135
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.RoleDataProvider.GetUsersInRole(Guid roleId) +41
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.ValidateMembership() +121
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +45
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +170
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2867

I assume that the new install is attempting to look for a particular role GUID that doesn't exist here.

What changes need to occur to point my developer machine and an EXISTING sitefinity 4.0 database?

I see nothing about a connection string in the web.config or anywhere else?

Thank you,

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello John,

Thank you for your interest in working with the Sitefinity 4.0 Beta.

Right now we have some bugs with the system which do not allow you to connect a Sitefinity 4.0 Beta website to an existing database - database already created for another website. This is the issue that you are experiencing, we are going to fix the issue for our upcoming release.

Right now what you can do is to set up a project on one machine and connect it to a Sitefinity database. Then add this project to a network share, or source control system and let your developer work on it from there. I know this is a bit clunky however until we fix the issue I cannot think of a better way to do this.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed