File upload questions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:42

File upload questions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2010 00:00

Does anyone know where I can configure the types of files that are able to be uploaded, specifically video files?  I need to be able to upload more than just the default .wmv such as .flv, .mpg, etc.

Also, where can I configure the maximum upload file size?  It seems that the answer to this should be obvious but I have looked through the config files and the Settings -> Configuration in Sitefinity 4.0 beta and I am not able to find it.

Thanks!
Bryan

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for using our services.

You ca set size restrictions on libraries and on individual files. You can do this when creating the library or by editing its properties, refer to attached image.

Please note that the maximum size of the files that can be uploaded will also bi limited by the maximum request length and response timeout of the HttpRuntime. When large files are being uploaded into the system we break them up into chunks of data - each chunk being the size of 1MB by default. This allows us to upload larger files without exceeding the maximum request length as well as the default restrictions your SQL server might have on data transfer in terms of size.

We are using RadMediaPlayer for Silverlight and you can find about the supported media formats here. It supports the wmv extension and the files have to use one of the codecs listed in the linked MSDN article.

We do not provide flv player as flv files require proprietary players to render the videos. We are going to provide the ability to upload such files in custom type libraries and then hook your flv player to those files.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2010 00:00

Thanks for the input Radoslav.

We can provide our own flash media player.  I just need to be able to upload .flv and other media formats and include them in a video library.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bryan

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Bryan,

We know about this "issue" and as Rado said we would provide an option for creating a custom libraries and uploading other formats which you will be able to use with your custom control or link them in Generic Content control and its Flash manager.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

is there not yet the abiltiy to upload .mpg files yet for version Sitefinity 4.1.1501.0 SE?

Can I use the video player to display the .mpg file?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Laura,

Please take a look at the Supported Media Formats, Protocols, and Log Fields. If your videos are produced with the appropriate format/codec the Silverlight media player will be able to handle them. From there on you just have to configure the allowed extensions for the video libraries from Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Libraries -> Videos. You can configure all file types that are allowed by the Silverlight Media player.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed