Column Layout

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:24

Column Layout

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2010 00:00

Is there any way through the layout editor tool to force a column in the layout to maintain a given size?

In my example I have created a 25% - 50% - 25% layout and I have placed a content section in the 50% layout section.
When I publish and view it, I end up seeing my content section on the left hand side of my site, assumingly because I have not placed any content to place-hold the left column.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2010 00:00

you can set a css class to the columns under the layout view and then set a min-width in your stylesheet.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2010 00:00

I know I could do that, but, it would seem highly annoying if I have to create a class in my stylesheet when it shows the layout in the designer as being 25 - 50 - 25, I would expect that the layout would do as it shows and use 25% of the screen, 50% of the screen, and then 25% regardless if I have content in the areas or not. Otherwise it would be very difficult to get a reliable layout using the layout tool without creating classes for every single column in your layout.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2010 00:00

I agree with Joe...is there no way around this?  Perhaps a property to set which would put something inline?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

Have you guys tried locking the content place holders from being auto-sized? Please review the attached screen cast on how you can set this property.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Slick!  I never even saw that little guy

I tried doing this on a page, not a template, and it did not remember that i set the columns to fixed.

After lots and lots of testing with this, the only way I am able to get this to work is if I put a content section in every area of the template with some content in it. If I do this it maintains sizing just fine. Otherwise, it acts as if the section doesn't exist.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Joe Keller,

Thank you for getting back to us. We have found what the issue is. The problem manifests if you use layout elements with more than one place holders. We are going to resolve the issue for one our next releases. In the mean time you can use two column layouts instead.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed