Backend localization

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:51

Backend localization

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2010 00:00

Where can i find information about backend localization? I need prepare a localized version of sitefinity for current customer, but i can't find no information about localization feature and how do this.

Sincerelly,

Pavol Kokinda

Hello Pavol Kokinda,

We are working on Localization now. Sitefinity 4.0 BETA version does not provider Localization support for the backend. We did not manage to show this in the BETA and you will be able to see how the backend localization works in the release candidate which is planned for October - November.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

somewhere in features list of Sitefinity 4 Beta was information, that beta support has backed localization.

Pavol

Hi Pavol Kokinda,

We are working on Localization now. Sitefinity 4.0 BETA version does not provider Localization support for the backend. We did not manage to show this in the BETA and you will be able to see how the backend localization works in the release candidate which is planned for October - November.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Pavol,

You can change all backend labels from Administration >> Interface Labels & Messages. In the BETA this will not allow you to switch between two or more languages. In the future you will be able to translate entire backend from Interface Labels & Messages in different languages and event more creating your own language packs. Interface Labels & Messages will provide option for importing and exporting language packs that you can use with another projects. The section also provides option for using Google Analytics for translating custom or default labels. We have added all messages in resource files and created this section to provide an easy way for translators and users that are going to work with UI only to change all labels and messages very quickly without using Visual Studio or any file system files.

To summarize the above and my previous replies - in the BETA you can change labels text,  but you do not have real localization and it is not possible to switch between two or more different languages. The section Interface Labels & Messages gives you basic idea of how Sitefinity's 4.0 Localization will work.

Let me know if you have any further questions in this matter.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed