Type "xxxx" cannot be resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:57

Type "xxxx" cannot be resolved.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

I added a custom module and a custom widget in that module to the toolbox.  I created a new page and added the widget to the page.

Upon restart, I now get this error when navigating to the default website.

I may have set something wrong with the widget, perhaps pluralizing the namespace.  But I'm screwed because I can't back into the backend to remove it.

What table do I need to hack to get rid of this module and widget?

Thank you,

John.

Hello John,

Open /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ToolboxesConfig.config. Your widget should be registered there. Remove it from the configuration file, restart the application and try to access it.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Ivan,

Wow -- that worked!

*** I had to remove the module from SystemConfig.config too and then stop the webserver.

A follow-up question:  With the release candidate, will the app_data directory still be used to hold dynamic configuration settings?  I ask in regards to load balancing issue in our environment.

Thanks again!!!

Hello John,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do not think that we will change the location of the configuration files from App_Data folder, because this is the only place where we are sure that the web process will have access by default, the folder is not viewable by the web and is a place for the web application to store and read data from -storage point for file-based data.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2010 00:00

The configuration mechanism is provider based right?  Could custom code be written to get the configuration from a database?

Assuming the standard implementation, what advice do you give to those environments that are load-balanced?

Thank you again,

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi John,

We do not keep data for the ConfigSections in the database and this is why we use App_Data as a storage. The load balancing service is usually provided by a dedicated program or hardware device that takes care of the request and probably you will need a third party program that is listening for file changes in App_Data and synchronize the changes there. We will work on a synchronization tool, but the current plans are that we will have it after 4.0 release.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan, how about for Custom Layout Controls? I created a new project using 4.2 and added my custom layout controls. They used to work in 4.1 SP1, but now it's throwing this error.

Edit: Please disregard, found the solution in your KB. :)

This thread is closed