Cannot access a disposed object error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:50

Cannot access a disposed object error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2010 00:00

Getting this error in a popup when I click on News or Navigation widget "edit" button. This is in the Page/Content view. Content block widget works fine.

Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_733f8e9d62ca44e3acb0250fe2485c4b'.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Ned Bryant,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please give us a little bit more information on your Sitefinity Project? Have you done any customizations for example (deleted a template), as well as exact steps to take to reproduce the issue? Do you get this error error on a new setup?

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I was stepping through the instructions to create the university site. This was after creating a blank project using the project tool.

I am going to reinstall the beta and will let you know if the issue persists.

Thanks

Hello Ned Bryant,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I am unable to reproduce the problem by following the steps from the guide on how to create the university site. I am looking forward to your response if this happens in a fresh website.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Picks up this thread again!

Upgrade SF from 6.0 to 6.2 and gets this error in tracelog.

Message: FAILED : Optimizing control properties persistance, by reducing number of persisted properties - Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_895bec3f058d4bab87ffe13b6e52b31e'.

Any idea why?

/Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Micke,

Is there a "PASSED: Optimizing control properties persistence, by reducing number of persisted properties" message later in the log?

This is a huge task and it is running in background. Several concurrency issues are possible and are handled by scheduling a new task to continue "optimizing control properties". This should not be an issue as long as at some point you have a "PASSED" message logged.

You should see a message "Scheduling next task for resuming controls properties optimization for [Date and time]" after every failure.

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2013 00:00

No unfortunately not, but I rerun the upgrade and the issue disappear so I think it was temporary?

This thread is closed