Login for whole website

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:36

Login for whole website

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello,

I'm currently trying out the new Sitefinity 4.0 Beta. It looks amazing. I think about anything can be done!

I have a question. I have created a new project and now I would like the website to have a login page before it's loaded so users have to login before they can see anything. What would be the best way to do that?

My second question. When the user has logged in, would it be possible to show the website in a specific template based on the role the user is in? I would like to setup one Sitefinity project, created multiple business roles and users and have the website show a different layout based on the user / role that is logged in.

I would like to hear what the best way is to accomplish this.

Kind regards..

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Glen,

I have created a new project and now I would like the website to have a login page before it's loaded so users have to login before they can see anything. What would be the best way to do that?

This is possible if you deny access  for anonymous users, but there are some issues with this in the BETA.

When the user has logged in, would it be possible to show the website in a specific template based on the role the user is in?

We will have this functionality out of the box. Through policies you will be able to set which role what to see. The BETA does not provide UI to create a  new policy, but you will be able to see how this works in the next release that will be in two months.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed