New to Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:00

New to Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

It's probably a silly question but I'm very new to Sitefinity and can't work out how to create a Generic Content box that is wrapped in my own div?

Can I just copy the built in Generic Content and alter it? If so, where do I find this?

Thanks

Hello Ivor,

Here are two options

1. You can create a ContentPlaceHolder in your master page and wrap it inside a div. Then drop Content block  widget in this holder.

2. Create  a custom/user control and inside its template declared Content block control.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="cb" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<div style="background-color:Red">
    <cb:ContentBlock runat="server" ID="test1" />
</div>

3. Use CssClass property of the Content block  widget( advanced section). When you set this property the entire control is wrapped inside a div with the specified css.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ah cool thanks :)

I need to add multiple boxes to the page so it will need to be either 2 or 3 but I can't seem to get either of them to work...

If I add a class to the option in advanced it seems to just ignore it, or, if I create a new user control using the code you have provided me it causes a Parser Error.

Sorry for being a pain.

Hi Ivor,

Please take a look at the sample video which I attached.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed