Error Creating Project with Beta 2

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:42

Error Creating Project with Beta 2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi there,

The CTP worked fine and the Beta worked fine for me, however when I attempt to create a project with the new BETA2 release I get the attached error. The folder in the file system is created but there are no files/data created within the project folder.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Phill Hodgkinson,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please make sure that the .exe file is called Sitefinity.exe. We had a slight problem with the naming of the file earlier today and re-downloading it should resolve the issue. Also please try removing the _EmptyProject directory and create a project again.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2010 00:00

We had the same problem.

To solve this.  Move Sitefinity.exe to another folder.  Then open Sitefinity.exe in the new folder.
Not sure why this happens, maybe registry issue. 

Easy to reproduce error.

Open Sitefinity.exe.
Create a new project.
Delete the project.
Close Sitefinity.exe

Open Sitefinity.exe
error happens.

Hope this helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Stevo,

I followed these steps

• Open Sitefinity.exe.
  • Create a new project.
  • Delete the project. - done though the project manager.
  • Close Sitefinity.exe
  • Open Sitefinity.exe
but the error did not appear at my end. There must be something else that breaks the installation.
All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed