Upgrading BETA1 to BETA2

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:43

Upgrading BETA1 to BETA2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2010 00:00

I'm glad to announce i was able to upgrade a blank project from BETA1 to BETA2 using the second easy way method.

The first method however does not work for me since both project managers always say connecting to the project and the upgrade button is grayed out.

Which brings me to the question of backing up before upgrade. Is it that simple that I can just copy everything in my project folder to another directory, and then copy in the all the files from the BETA2 _EmptyProject folder to my project? Then if it doesn't work I can just copy my old files back? Should there be any other steps needed to be done to backup my project? If it's that easy kudos to you!

Also by using the second method of upgrading by creating a new blank project, does it matter if I pick file system.. etc. or are those all built the same, or should I use the same type as my BETA1 project, e.g. IIS?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Kristian,

Backing up the web site files is simply as easy as copying all the files to another directory.

However, this may or may not address the backup of the web site database.  If you're using SqlExpress then your database is probably in the ~/App_Data folder.  Consequently, copying the files would also create a copy of the database.  

However, if you're using SqlServer then the database will not be a file that you can copy.  In the case of SqlServer, SQL Server Management Studio should be used backup the database prior to attempting the upgrade.

Thanks for reporting your experience.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2010 00:00

Thanks gabe, I was able to upgrade the site we are working on quite easily with your instructions.

There are some small things that still need addressing, we are using a custom theme, and now all of our videos will not display with that theme, but they will still show up when using the basic theme that comes with sitefinity. They worked before the upgrade with the custom theme, was there any changes to the default css classes / themes?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2010 00:00

I upgraded from .NET 2.0 to .NET 4.0 now i occasionally see these messages pop up?

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

It seems that you have an assembly which is referring to System.Windows in your project. This can be a Silverlight application DLL. Can you try removing the reference to this dll and see if the project will run.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed