Video Standard html5 - H.264 - mp4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:30

Video Standard html5 - H.264 - mp4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2010 00:00

The world develops to html5 with video format H.264 (look at YouTube and Microsoft Internetexplorer 9.0 Beta). Will Sitefinity 4.0 also process H.264 files like YouTube and not only the old .wmv format? - Otherwise we cannot provide websites for Apple iPad community.

Hi Robert,

We use RadMediaPlayer which wraps the Microsoft MediaElement According to MSDN it supports requested  codec formats. H.264/AAC codec is added since Silverlight 3.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I like to move to Sitefintiy 4, BUT: The target of my projects is, that all media can be streamed by Apple's iPads. - At this time I cannot see anything because Silverlight does NOT work within iPads.

If you try to test my www.contentus.at/.../letzte_lieder.aspx  prepared with Sitefinity 3.7 you can stream pur html5 video files on iPads, because of NO silverlight. - This also runs very well with IE 9 Beta.

Regards, Robert

Hello Robert,

Quicktim is compatible video to the iPad and iPhone using the HTML5 video tag or EMBED command. Generally you should be able to add these tags inside ContentBlock widget or create a custom widget that will generate these tags and you will only set the path the the video file.  Our plans do not include creating a control that can be used for streaming/playing video files with iPad. I will put your request for internal discussion and if possible we will come up with such a control. Any suggestions/ideas will be appreciated.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I know that I can produce my own user controls. But my idea and wish was, that I could upload video clips in H.264 like .jpg photos und after then I could use tehm in the video galleries without silverlight. I am not against silverlight, but my customers like future applications like you can see it today in the Apple Apps WIRED but running also on iPads. Here you can see a state of the art digital magazine WIRED  - offline. What we want to produce is something like WIRED but - online. And we want to produce it with sitefinity 4.

Therefore I ask you to bring this into your internal discussions, please.

Best regards, Robert

This thread is closed