Google Analytics not working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:16

Google Analytics not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi There,

I'm trying to setup the analytics in SF 4.0 Beta2, but the message box appears stating either my credentials is wrong or I have no accounts associated with the credentials. I've checked my analytics account and everything is fine. What could be the issue?

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi Jean,

I checked the code, but I am not able to find any other reason for this error except that if you are passing invalid data.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Jean did you found out what was the problem? I´ve got the exact same problem that you had and I´m sure I´ve got my google analytics account active and working.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

We have this exact same issue running 4.0.0.0. My Google Analytics login is definitely correct.

Clicking View Error Messages gives the following:

- Google Credentials configuration file is missing.
- Google Credentials configuration file is corrupt.
- Stored Google Credentials are corrupt.

How can I fix this?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi IanP,

Please go to the App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder and delete both DashboardPermissions.config and AnalyticsConfiguration.config which should reset the Analytics application which means that you will have to enter your credentials again on Google Analytics account. Please also make sure that the ClientBin/Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.xap file is correctly copied to the location of your website environment if you have upgraded the system from a previous version.

Performing the steps above will reset all settings for the Google Analytics application.

Please let me know if you cannot get this working.

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Hristo,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. It unforunately did not work; the Analytics screen now gets stuck on the loading screen and there's a JavaScript error:

01.Webpage error details
03.User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
04.Timestamp: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:56:42 UTC
07.Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [Async_ExceptionOccurred]
08.Arguments: 
09.Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.51204.0&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
10.   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.PermissionsService.ApplicationIsConfiguredCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
11.   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfPermissionsService.ApplicationIsConfiguredCompleted(Object sender, ApplicationIsConfiguredCompletedEventArgs e)
12.   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.PermissionsService.AnalyticsPermissionsServiceClient.OnApplicationIsConfiguredCompleted(Object state)
13.Line: 1
14.Char: 1
15.Code: 0
16.URI: http://ourwebsite.com/Sitefinity/Analytics

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi IanP,

I have been looking into the issue and I can currently find two ways to reproduce the issue you are experiencing. I have a couple quick questions if you don't mind:

1. Are you trying to use HTTPS/SSL to access the Analytics module?
2. Are you possibly experiencing a time-out on the request to the server from the Analytics module?

In looking at your JavaScript error it doesn't look like you are using HTTPS so I don't know if that could be the cause. In regards to the second suggestion, is it taking a while for the exception to be thrown or is it being thrown immediately after you navigate to the Analytics module and view the loading screen?

I see Hristo suggested you delete the configuration files. Did you delete the .bak versions of the configuration files as well? These files would be AnalyticsConfiguration.config.bak and DashboardPermissions.config.bak. The Analytics module may be trying to salvage your configuration data from these .bak files and still have a configuration error in them.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi There,

I think it might be a proxy server problem. I tested it first from our network and kept getting the error. Then I did a direct connection using my 3G, and that worked. So my assumption is that the service does not work through a proxy server.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi.

I see this thread has had not movement. I am also getting an error when trying to link my analytics account. It fails after 2 seconds. What could the causes be?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

I noticed that when compiling my project, i often get a "Could not find Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Core.Domain.GoogleAnalytics.IAccountRequester..."

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Charles,

Can you try linking the administrator account that was created during the Sitefinity project setup? If this doesn`t help can you share with me the error message?

The second issue might be caused by improper reference to Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Core assembly. If you have referenced all the project assemblies from external folder this might be happening. Also when you clean or rebuild Sitefinity project in visual studio it removes all references to the projects and tries to re-add them again, if they are not accessible they will throw missing error. To resolve the error get all contents of the bin folder of a working Sitefinity project and place them in your project bin folder (make sure you reference the assemblies from the bin folder).
If this doesn`t help can you share with me the whole setup of the project so I can a better idea of the scenario at your end?

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2012 00:00

Hello there,
Sitefinity Analytics doesn't work if the firewall it's turn on. There is a way to set in Sitefinity a proxy server? it seems that without it, Analytics not working and otherwise i have to turn off the firewall.
Please advice.
Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2012 00:00

Hello there,
Sitefinity Analytics doesn't work if the firewall it's turn on. There is a way to set in Sitefinity a proxy server? it seems that without it, Analytics not working and otherwise i have to turn off the firewall.
Please advice.
Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

Has anyone had success getting rid of this error?

I've removed the config files for Analytics and DashboardPermissions, and removed the version from System.config (this should reset analytics). I go to the analytics tab, set everything up and then the loading screen stalls out on the same error below. 

I have two identical servers on the same network...one has analytics working just fine and the other experiences the issue described.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

As google have changed the API for analytics you will get a problem connecting to analytics as the API used is the old one. For this apply the fix described in this KB article.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

Has this problem come up again? We're on Sitefinity 5.4 and we're getting similar issues. The KB article posted above is for SF 5.1 so we can't use that replacement. 

Is there a new hotfix? 

Error: 
[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/.../
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfAnalyticsDataService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object sender, RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.DashboardDataClient.OnRetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object state)

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

Google changed the API again last week. We released a hotfix available for version 6 SP1, available for download from your account. A patch for older versions will be available at a later point. If you cannot upgrade, please, use the Google Analytics website to view the information.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2015 00:00

Where in my account is the hotfix for version 6?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

You need to go to your account select Sitefinity CMS and click on latest internal builds on the right. Once there select your desired version and the latest internal build along with any hot fixes should appear.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed