CSS in page versus editor

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:48

CSS in page versus editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2010 00:00

Might be a dumb question but I can't seem to get the css on the page to match what's in the editor.

Say I go to a page and enter some generic content. I change the something to a h1 tag. Looks good and then update the content. I view the page and the text doesn't change. I even tried using a blank template with to make sure there was no issues with my on styles. If I change something like color or font size its fine? How does the page get it's css?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello kz,

Thank you for using our services.

The Editor uses a CSS file which defines how its content area looks like. The path to this file is ~/Sitefinity/Admin/Themes/Default/AjaxControlsSkins/Sitefinity/EditorContentArea.css. You have to transfer your theme styles to this file so that the editor content area looks in this way.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi,

I can't find this path in my 4.0 Beta 2 installation..?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi SolarX,

In Sitefinity 4.0 we use embedded resources and the ContentBlock  control that wraps RadEditor control works with EmbeddedResourcePropertySetter control. Currently we do not expose external templates for ContentBlock and HmlField control where we have declared the RadEdtior and it is not possible to set EditorContentArea.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,
I seem to be having a similar problem. I think That I simply do not have the path to the CSS right, but I have not been able to figure out what the right pat is.
I downloaded a new template and create a master page from the HTML. I got that to load Ok into Templates. I then copied the CSS to what I thought was the right directory, loaded it into the project, but it will not apply. This is where I have the files.

Master Pages are in...
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Documents\WebSItes\CorporateClean\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\DefaultTemplate\App_Master

And the CSS is in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Documents\WebSItes\CorporateClean\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\DefaultTemplate\App_Themes\DefaultTheme\Global

Hi Bill,

Could you register your template through Page Templates and the theme from Settings >> Appearance >> Frontend Themes

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi,
Yes...I went into Administration/Appearance/Frontend Themes and created a new theme called CleanCorp with a path of ~\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\DefaultTemplate\App_Themes\DefaultTheme I left Namespace and AssemblyInfo blank.

Hello Bill,

If the path to the theme is correct you should see it in the drop down. Also you have to use slashes, not back slashes. You can take a look at our Designers guide and SDK with samples.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks,
the slashes did it

One last thing, Inside Default theme are three folders, Global, Images and Style. From the Design Doc it seems that all images for the CSS should be in the Images folder. They are not showing up. But that could be something in My Master file.

Hi Bill,

If you are referencing the images relatively to the images folder they should show up. Most probably the path is not correct. You can easily observe this with FireBug tool.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed