Beta 2: Theme css forbidden access

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:13

Beta 2: Theme css forbidden access

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2010 00:00

After installing 4.0 Beta 2, I created a new project and copied over all files from my custom theme that was working in Beta 1.

I created the theme under Settings/Appearance/Frontend themes, and created 'My Theme', with the following value for Path: ~\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\MyTemplate\App_Themes\MyTheme

Applying the theme didn't work, so I fired up Firebug to see if the css was being sent down to the browser.  Apparently there is some permissions issue:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/MyApp/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTemplate/App_Themes/MyTheme/global/style.css">
21 <h2> <i>HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden.</i> </h2></span>
23 <hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>
25 <b>Version Information:</b>&nbsp;Telerik Web Server 4.0.676.0

Has something changed with security/permissions in Beta 2 that I need to address?

Thanks.

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for using our services.

The method of registering themes has not been changed.  From your message the only thing that seems odd is the path to the files. Can you make sure that you are using "/" instead of "\" slash?

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

That was it!

Thanks!

This thread is closed