Can't see my last created project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:45

Can't see my last created project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi All,

My question may seem a little absurd, but this is my first encounter with SiteFinity. I am using SiteFinity 4.0 Beta. I created a project on SiteFinity Project manager, went to administrator attached a newly created database with it, Logged in to SiteFinity and created a page from SiteFinity dashboard.

Now I closed SiteFinity Project manager and again started it after some time but i am not able to see my previous project that i created last time. even if i create a new project and attach it with database i used in my last project it gives me error.

Please help me find out how to start my previous project in SiteFinity Project Manager.

Regards,
Mohit

Hi Mohit,

The only way that I am able to reproduce this issue if you have change the location of the executable and Projects.xml file. In this case the projects that have already been created cannot be found. Please take a look at the short video that I recorded for you.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for answer Ivan.

Well i did not change the location of any executable or project.xml file. 
but what i am seeing is really an absurd thing, i must say. if i open sitefinity.exe directly from my program files folder then i am able to see my last created project but if i open sitefinity from it's shortcut that has been created on my desktop after installing sitefinity 4.0 beta, then i don't see any project in project manager. Though the short cut is poiniting to the same location of siteFinity.exe 

Hi Mohit,

First, create the shortcut in the location where the Sitefinity.exe is located and then copy the shortcut to your desktop. This should work.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed