Creating a new theme: Rebooted

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:07

Creating a new theme: Rebooted

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2010 00:00

Ok, after thoroughly destroying my first SF4 site, I had to drop the database, the project, delete the XML file and start over.

Now, I have a site running again. I created a theme, but that didn't create any folders. There's a path value for the theme, but a file system path blows up the site (which eventually led to me burning the whole thing down and starting over).

Where do I put my master page? Where do I put my theme folders and files? The docs talk about these folders like they already exist, but they don't. What's the next step?

Thanks!

Doug

Hi Doug,

You could create App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/DefaultTempalate

- App_Master
- App_Themes

You could also use App_Themes and App_Master folders in the root and link your theme and master page through the backend UI >>Design >> Page Templates and Administration >> Settings >> Appearance >> Frontend Themes

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

The root folders is what is freaking me out. I don't have those. The docs refer to folders that I don't have so it makes me wonder if the install went wrong. Here's what I have on the root of my just-created site:

App_Data
bin
ClientBin
CountryCenterLocations.config
Default.aspx
Properties
Silverlight.js
Sitefinity
SitefinityWebApp.csproj
web.config

Is this correct?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi Doug,

The folder structure you have is correct. By default we excluded these folders and we load only embedded themes and templates. You could create the folders manually and map the theme and templates through UI. You could download Sitefinity 4 BETA SDK from where you can get an empty template.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed