You are not authorized to 'View a page'

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:52

You are not authorized to 'View a page'

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2010 00:00

Something strange is going on with my SF 4.0 Beta 2 installation.

I had it for couple days, was playing around with various custom role and membership providers - everything is fine. I did everything as "admin" user. But then I decided to test couple pages I created under anonymous user (in different browser). That's where stumbled into the problem. Here is how I can reproduce it:
1) make small change to project and compile it

2) try to open in Firefox (anonymous user) - I see error "You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').":
[UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_169167a3f7074f5cbe05a87f29c17129.GetPageNode(Guid id) +309
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetParentNode(SiteMapNode node, Boolean ifAccessible) +449
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.GetUrl(CultureInfo culture) +290
   Telerik.Web.UI.NavigationItem.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCache properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +357
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCache properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +34
   Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.BindToHierarchicalEnumerable(ControlItemCollection items, IHierarchicalEnumerable enumerable, Int32 depth) +341
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +352
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +147
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +261
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +249
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

3) Then open the same page in the Chrome (logged in as "admin"), page loads fine.
4) Go back to Firefox (anonymous user), and now all pages work fine.

I made sure "deny anonymous" is disabled for all pages. I removed all custom providers.
But it still happening right after I compile the project.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi Max,

This is a bug that we also found and we are working on it. Generally the issue  is related to the permissions and  it comes when "everyone" role has "deny" access. The access could be denied for some content or a page that show it. The issue should not appear if you are logged in. When you use two browsers you are working in different sessions.

Once again, this is a bug in Sitefinity that we will fix.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for reply. I assume it will be fixed in the RC that will come out later this year, right?

Hello Max,

Yes we will fix it. We discover the issue this week and we are trying to figure out what exactly is causing it.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed