Manual installation - undefined error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:04

Manual installation - undefined error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2010 00:00

I'm evaluating the 4.0 Beta 2 version.

I have two installations that point to the same Database:

server 1 - in the initial server where i use the project manager to create it

server 2 - one I manual installed  (IIS 6.0 + .Net 4.0 configurated)

I already configurated the silverligth and wildcard mapping.

I login in Server 2 and when i try to click in any "save button" (for exemple save/publish one page) my site throws one javascritp message with the text "undifined" .

If i login in server 1 it's all ok and no problem.

I send one image with the error in attach.

Could you please help me in the correct manual installation of the Sitefinity 4.0 beta 2 version?

Hello Developer Developer,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please make sure that there is a handler for Wcf services on your IIS website (*.svc) as in the attached image. Also make sure the website is not set to use Basic or other type of authentication such as Digest. You should have Anonymous Access enabled and Forms authentication.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

I have the handler for Wcf services on my IIS website (*.svc) defined with GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG.
I change it to "All Verbs" and start to work .

thanks,
Joana

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi again,

Now i have one problem with video. I submit/upload the video (.wvm) but when i want to view or preview i get the message "failed to open media" - see the attached files.
I already made the "Configuring IIS for Silverlight Applications".

I attached two more files of the backoffice.

Hi Developer Developer,

It seems that there are some problems with the codec. We are using RadMediaPlayer for Silverlight and you can find about the supported media formats here. It supports the wmv extension and the files have to use one of the codecs listed in the linked MSDN article. Can you try downloading any wmv video from Microsoft Channel 9 and uploading to the site?

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

It seems it was a "mapping" problem. It's working now. 
This was what i did:

- added in iis de mappings to .template .sflb and .tmb to .net 4.0 app extension  - please confirm thal are all needed....
- added the wildcard mapping to .NET 4.0 app extension

Since i made one manual installation of 4.0 Beta 2 version what should be the right configurations in IIS 6.0, IIS7.0 to avoid more issues?

thanks,
Joana

Hi Developer Developer,

You can take a look the the installation guide. Unfortunately it covers the setup using the Project Manager. We are currently working on creating more documentation and manual setup guide is on our to do list.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed