User registration - Manage Users permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:45

User registration - Manage Users permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2010 00:00

Our site requires end user registration so we have added a CreateUserWizard control. We get a permissions error when an anonymous user tries to register.

Is it correct that we need to set the global permission 'Manage users' to everyone?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Stephen,

In BETA 2 you cannot create  a user if you do not have permissions for "Create". Basically you have to be authenticated or allow "Manage Users" to everyone.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2010 00:00

User registration will be available in the final release...right?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi Bryan,

We are going to make some changes to the code, so you should be able to use CreateUserWizard control for anonymous users.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

I am creating a community website which allows users to register themselves and login.  It is related to squash.  When they login they should be redirected to a seperate area.

How do I mange these users?

I am using RC2 using community license.

Regards,

JAMEEL IQBAL

Hi,

You can create a custom control that inherits from Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl  and override OnLoggedIn where you can redirect your users to a page depending on the user or its role. If you want to redirect your users to a single page you could try using DesginationPageUrl property.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried redirecting using DesginationPageUrl.  It works.  But issue with this is the user can access the page directly too, without loging in.  How do I force him/her to login to see this page?

The other thing i noticed is that, I am not able to set permissions on the page.  When i click "Action > Permissions" for any page it displays "This item inherits permissions from its parent." on top, but no option to make any changes is available.  Is it because I am using the community edition?

Also, just wanted to know are there any limitations in community edition with regards to managing public users, as it is in my case?  If so, which edition do I have to opt for to avail the facility? 

I am planning to create a custom sitefinity module to manage things for which this website is being built.  I only want to use the security provided by sitefinity  so that only registered users can access the pages of my custom module' .  There will be some pages which will be public too.

P.S.: This will be a free-to-use community website.

Regards,

JAMEEL IQBAL

Hi Stephen,

1.How do I force him/her to login to see this page? - there is problem with the status code that we return  and currently you can do this only with a second control on your page or inside the template that checks whether the user is authenticated or not - SecurityManager.GetCurrentUser().Identity.IsAuthenticated; If the user is not authenticated you have to redirect it to your login page.

2. You should be able to break the inheritance of a page. Please check attached screenshot.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

I don't see any screenshots attached.

Regards,

JAMEEL IQBAL

Hi ,

I attached the screenshot. Note that there were issues to the older version of Sitefinity 4.0 where you were not able to break the inheritance. Please make sure that you use the latest version of Sitefinity which is Sitefinity 4.0 RC2 . The problem was in the license file for CE and SBE editions. Using a trial license key for any other edition like Professional would fix the issue in case you have an older version of Sitefinity 4.0.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

I am using Sitefinity 4.0 RC2 with community license installed.  Even then I am not able to break the inheritance.

Regards,

JAMEEL IQBAL

Hello ,

Please try using a trial license for one of the other editions as suggested.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm having the same sort of issue as described in this thread, so I thought I'd jump in here.

I'm trialling two sites, one with the Community License, and one with the Standard License.  Both are running RC2.  I can break the inheritance of pages in the Standard License as in the Ivan's screenshot attached on the 28th Dec, but not in the Community license.

Is this intentional?

The result of this is that with the Community license you can create a site that one has to log into to view, but you can't create a page that you can view without being logged in, so there's nowhere to log in.

Thanks

Aaron

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Aaron,

We made some modifications in the code and I believe that this will not be a problem with the official release.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed