Adding widgets to Page Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:03

Adding widgets to Page Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Here's another question, for example, I have a 2-column page template and the perpetual setup would be: left part is an image and right part should be generally editable. Assuming this page template will be used by 45 pages, I tried to add the widgets (an image and a content block widget) on the page template itself so that I don't have to repeat that process for the 45 pages. Unfortunately I don't think that's supported on the BETA 2 version. Will it be in the full release? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello jkregala,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please make sure that you are using Sitefinity 4.0 Beta 2 version? When you go to Design -> Page Templates and select a page template to edit you should be able to add both content controls and layout controls, refer to attached image.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2010 00:00

Oh no that's not what I meant. What I was trying to say was is there anyway I could add Content Controls (widgets) to the Page Template itself so that I don't have to repeat that process to the scores (probably) of pages that would be based on the page template?

For example on Page Template "2-column" I added the widget "Content block" on the main paragraph part. Then on the subsequent pages that will be dependent on this template, the "Content block" widget is already placed, I don't have to drag it again and I am able to edit directly already.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello jkregala,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Well the design of the page templates is such that controls added to the template can be only edited from that template, and not from pages deriving from it.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2010 00:00

Oh I see. I checked version 3.7 and it's also not present there. Any chances that this would be implemented in the future? :)

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello jkregala,

You can edit a control only from the place you have dropped it - page or template and there are no plans for now to change this behavior.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed