3.7 to 4.0 Migration Tools.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:47

3.7 to 4.0 Migration Tools.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Probably been asked before, but I couldn't see where.

I've been putting off starting work on a new Sitefinity project, on the pretext that I was waiting for 4.0... the reality is more like I'm too busy with all the other things I'm already supposed to be doing.

However, the pressure is really on for me to produce results NOW! (apparently, yesterday would be preferred).

I know 3.7 pretty well, and I *SERIOUSLY* don't have the time right now to learn 4.0 or delay the project any longer.

Given that I go ahead with 3.7 now, and 4.0 comes out 5mins after I finish... what are the plans for migration tools to ease my pain and at least limit the damage ?

-- MB.

P.S. - Perhaps 'Sitefinity' could go into the spell-check dictionary  ;)

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello MB,

Thank you for using our services.

We have plans to release migration tools so that you can migrate data from Sitefinity 3.x sites to Sitefinity 4.0. This includes data from modules, pages, templates, etc. It will cover transfer of data from built in functionality.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed