Custom LoginForm Template

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:02

Custom LoginForm Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Greetings,

Currently I have a Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm control inside a Custom Control to provide a custom authentication mechanism that I need for my website. Is there a way to template this control inside the same .ascx where this control is contained? Or do I need to create the template on another .ascx file and reference it on the LayoutTemplatePath property?

I've already tried using this method although I would prefer to keep everything in the same file. While using this method, though, I receive the following error:

LoginForm: LayoutTemplate does not contain an IEditableTextControl with ID UserName for the username.

I do, however, have added a <asp:TextBox ID="UserName" runat="server" /> into the .ascx, but the error still prevails.

Also, I can't use a global Template for all the LoginForm's. I need Sitefinity's loginform to stay with the current template and have my own loginform only with my custom template.

What's the best way of achieve this? An example would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Daniel,

You have to use LayoutTemplatePath and create a new  customized template, but the behavior you see is a bug in the control. The problem is that when you use an external template the container does not look for the controls inside the template and as a result the control thinks that there is not control of type IEditableTextControl in your template.I logged this issue for fixing. Your Telerik points have been updated.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2012 00:00

Has this been fixed? Because Sitefinity gave me a custom login template as a work around for the image url not working (the fields there to use but is not implimented). I've put the template in the layout path and now I'm getting this error...

C001: LayoutTemplate does not contain an IEditableTextControl with ID UserName for the username.
 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: C001: LayoutTemplate does not contain an IEditableTextControl with ID UserName for the username.

Source Error:
 An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): C001: LayoutTemplate does not contain an IEditableTextControl with ID UserName for the username.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GenericContainer`1.FindControl(String id, Boolean required, String errorResourceKey) +1814387
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginContainer.get_UserNameTextBox() +9444423
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.get_UserNameInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.SetEditableChildProperties() +28
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.CreateChildControls() +194
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.CreateChildControls() +89
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id) +12
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.get_LogoutButton() +65
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.OnInit(EventArgs e) +291
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +290
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +489

This thread is closed