vs2008 support

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:16

vs2008 support

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi

I'm currently in the process of evaluating using SiteFinity 4.0 to develop our new corporate website. 

It is my understanding that to create a master page this can only done via visual studio, but SiteFinity only supports vs2010. Someone mentioned in a previous post that it is possible to get around this by installing visual studio express.

It would also be a requirement of the project though to be able to develop custom modules. These modules would need to be able to use our existing rad ajax controls. It isn't possible to use the rad ajax controls in the express editions I don't think. So is it possible to develop modules in vs2008 and import them into SiteFinity?

If this is not possible, I'm assuming SiteFinity 3 can be used. If a license was purchased for v3 can it be upgraded at any time to v4? I'm not sure of when we will be upgrading to visual studio 2010, it could be 12 months or it could be 24 months no one really knows at the moment.

Thanks
Martin.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello martin,

If you can get .NET 4.0 on Visual Studio 2008( which is not supported by default), then you can develop a custom modules. As for the licensing, you should contact our sales department and they will clear the case whether you will be able to use your current license with 4.0 edition.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed