Error on project start

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:03

Error on project start

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi,
Just installed newest (beta) version. Can start project manager, can make new project, but whan I try to start new project, I get "Sitefinity has caused exception..." (screenshoot attached)
This is the event log entry:

Application: Sitefinity.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Stack:

at Telerik.Utilities.Cassini.Server+<>c__DisplayClass2.<Start>b__1(System.Object)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

What can be the cause? What is the file missing?

Alex

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Aleksandar,

Could you try to reinstall Sitefinity BETA 2 ( first, uninstall it from Windows' Control Panel >> Programs) and try to use the built-in web server.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2010 00:00

Uninstalled (using Controll Panel). Installed again. The same issue.
This time i tried to open Sitefinity project in visual studio as well. Image attached.
I did not expect to use VS to edit Sitefinity. All I wanted is to use provided interface to do that.
Please help asap.

Alex

Hello Aleksandar,

Could you check whether there is a file called projects.xml and send us a screenshot of the expanded directory tree. The error you are getting is FileNotFound which results in an exception, but the stack does not show which file is missing.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

File exists. Content of the file is as follows:

- <projects>
- <project id="92f837a2-af68-41c4-9205-fae70ecef33f" Name="MBA" BrowseUrl="Click Browse to resolve" SfVersion="4.0.685.0" DateCreated="10/25/2010 03:07:04">
  <Location Type="FileSystem" Url="C:\Projekti\Sitefinity\MBA" LocalPath="C:\Projekti\Sitefinity" /> 
  </project>
  </projects>

Directory tree images attached.

Let me know what is next.

Alex

And another screen shoot (tried to edit post, but not showing).

Alex

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2010 00:00

Any news on this?

Alex

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Aleksandar,

Could you try to open the project through Visual Studio 2010 or/and use the _EmptyProject from Telerik \SitefinitySDK4.0 folder. It looks like you are trying to open the project by using an older version. Sitefinity BETA 2 can work properly if you have Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 on your machine.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

One of the reasons I chose Sitefinity is because i thought I don't need VS2010 (no VS at all). I do have DOTNET 4.0.
Is Sitefinity able to work on a machine without VS2010? I don't plan to have that on server anyway....

Alex

Hi Aleksandar,

You should be able to use Sitefinity without VS 2010, but you will not be able to update project files.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed