Page Permission Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:48

Page Permission Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi,

I created on page and give vew permissions to one specific role (i removed "everyone").

First problem/question
When not authenticated the page appears in the navigation menu. When i click i get the "The page cannot be found". It seams to be an error. I will like to say that I made the manual install of sitefinity so i don't now if is something missing.

Second problem/question
I try to configure on login without access to the backend. I put it in the Role that is associated to the page. When i try to login with that user a receive the message :

"You do not have the permissions to access this page. Try using other credentials or contact the administrator.

You were automatically navigated form "/sitefinity" because you are not authorized to access that page!

What do you want to do? "

It sounds logic because i enter the login in the backend login page. But in this Sitefinity version doesn't exists the logins controls/widgets. Are they planned to the release candidate ?

Hello Joana,

When not authenticated the page appears in the navigation menu. When i click i get the "The page cannot be found". It seams to be an error. I will like to say that I made the manual install of sitefinity so i don't now if is something missing.

You could see this behavior if you have set denied View rights for an anonymous user.

It sounds logic because i enter the login in the backend login page. But in this Sitefinity version doesn't exists the logins controls/widgets. Are they planned to the release candidate ?

You could take a look at this post.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

"

You could see this behavior if you have set denied View rights for an anonymous user.
"
Yes i set denied view rights but i expect that:

- when if i try to reach that page by url injection i receive a "not allowed" error

And

- in the navigation menu the link to the page shouldn't appear since the anonymous doesn't have access to it.

What i mean is that  i shouldn't see that page in the naviagation control .

Hi Developer,

We are working on these features. The problem comes from ASP.NET SiteMap provider and we have to extend it.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Ivan,

I have downloaded the Sitefinity 4.0 RC (Build: 4.0.907.0) and getting the same issue. If I decide do deny View permission to everyone but the Admin users, the page comes up with the Resource not found message. 

My expectation was the same:
Either take it away from the Site Menu
OR
Display an Access Denied message (Preferable, in case someone decides to add a hyper-link to a restricted page). Maybe a Login control on the Access Denied page might help.

I am glad you are already looking into it and will be awaiting your update on it.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

The problem persist in RC. what about the final release ? These feature will bo OK ?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi JV,

We will add implementation to the SiteMap that will return correct status code if you do not have permissions for a given page for the official release. We were focused on Workflow and Localization for the RC which are main features and we did not manage to make changes to the SiteMap.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

I have the same problem, like the rest in RC 4-0-910-0.
But I believe that if a user is not allowed to see a certain page, the menu item must not be shown.
That way you can keep the menu clean, and show only those options that are of interest of that specific user.

I hope that his feature will exist in the final version?
Or what will be a work arround?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2010 00:00

I agree that it should be taken off the Menu Strip, but for those 'Smart Ones' that think they can circumvent it by accessing it directly by entering via the URL address, I think the page should still display a 'Access Denied' message.

Andrei

Andrei I agree with you!

Hello Bes,

Yes, this is a bug that we have logged for fixing. When an authenticated user does not have view permissions he/she should not see this page in the tab. The same applies if you are "anonymous" user.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed