ECommerce Solution Needed

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:52

ECommerce Solution Needed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2010 00:00

Am looking for an e-commerce solution that can work with SiteFinity. I'd like the checkout process to be off site (hosted) for PCI compliance. I've checked out InstaOrder and like that it integrates with SF but really don't like that it overwrites so many SF core files. It seems upgrading SF would be problematic because of this. The perfect solution would have product management, shopping cart, etc in the front-end but handle actual checkout somewhere else, like PayPal.

Hi Dan,

Here is an  ECommerce solution that works with 3.x editions, but we do not have such a module for Sitefinity 4.0. We are going to implement it in version 4.1 or 4.2.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I did look at this. It seems pretty polished. But I don't like that the install procedure overwrites a lot of core SiteFinity files. What happens when you go to upgrade SiteFinity when you have InstaOrder installed?

Hello Dan,

If they can provide you with the source code you can compile the class libraries with the proper references and make the upgrade locally, otherwise you should request from them to release regular SP of the module.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Dan,
Actually, the only SF files we are over-writing are the CSS files and a master template which allows us to have the "eCommerce" link at the top of the page.  No other SF controls are over-written of extended nor are we using any SF tables.   Thus, when you upgrade SF, all that needs to be changed is a few CSS files and the master template.  Everything else is outside of SF.

As for upgrading, because we use the Telerik.Web.dll that is part of SF in the bin folder, our code is compiled to a release version of Sitefinity. However, if you have our full source license, then all you need to do is compile the project against the new version of the WebUI DLL in the upgraded version of SF.    Because we work very closely with Sitefinity, we usually release our software the same day a Sitefinity upgrade is released, or a few days later.  

As for PCI compliance, we are compliant but not certified.  Meaning, if you were to signup for ScanAlert or Trust Wave etc...which does PCI compliancy testing, our software will pass no problem.   PCI certification is a process that usually takes six to eight months to complete and is very costly as it involves 3rd party companies examining code, company policies etc...  which we hope to have completed by Q2 of 2011.

We do support PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout for off-site check out,  and we will be offering other payment solutions like Amazon etc.. that will be released very soon. 

Please contact me directly if there is anything other questions or anything we can help out with.
thank you Dan!
Sincerely,
Steve Miller
steve@eSitefinity.com

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

What are the most effective and most popular e-commerce tools? I think the shopping cart kind of scares people away,but it actually works and opens the possibility of buying something when browsing.
I also think that probably advertising in every available site is not that positive for any product.

http://www.genebyte.com/

This thread is closed