Libraries Not Displaying

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:54

Libraries Not Displaying

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2010 00:00

I have two Beta sites in development on one server , each with a different IP address.  I have began creating empty libraries for the different departments that will me contributing content to the site.  As of right now no documents have been uploaded.

I noticed after I started creating document libraries in the second site, now I am not able to upload documents.  I see two boxes when trying to upload documents, the top one being blank, and the lower one prompting to select the status of uploaded documents. 

I do not get a prompt to select the document to upload or the desired library.  The Upload button is grayed out, however if I click on it i get the following message:

"You must select the library in which the documents ought to be uploaded."

I also get the same result by trying to go the Video or Images from the Content menu item.  It shows that no items have been uploaded.

If I try to upload a new document using the Download list control, I get a error that this feature is in the process of implementation.  if I chosse to add documents from a library, I can also see that all of my libraries are listed there.

I was able to upload a document using the Document Link control and add it to a library and all libraries showed up at that time.

Is there a bug that at least one document must be uploaded to a site before the libraries or library manager will display?

Not sure what else could be going on.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2010 00:00

I was not able to open the attachment in the bottom of your post.  I receive a page not found error. 

I have attached a screen shot of my configured MIME types.  They seems to be the same as indicated in the guide.

Any other thoughts?  Could it be because I am using the .NET 4 framework in the appPool?

I have attached a screenshot of the Upload images page.  It is essentially the same for video, images, and docs.

Anthony

Also attached screenshot of Upload Images page.

Hi Anthony,

Please check the browser console to see if there are any resources or services that cannot be loaded. As Rado mention, we use Silverlight and most probably  ClientBin/Telerik.Sitefinity.Silverlight.xap cannot be opened at your end

- the xap file is not in the specified location
- you do not have mappings
- something at your end blocks the request to the xap file
- you do not have Silverlight installed on your browser.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2010 00:00

It was the browser.  Once I upgraded the version of Silverlight on the browser, everything worked fine.

Thanks guys.

Anthony

This thread is closed