How do I add my own page to be displayed on the site?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:28

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi,

I have made a blank site in Sitefinity 4.0 Beta 2. I added a page (Default.aspx, and also its corresponding .cs file), to the Pages section in Configuration (or Administration, cannot remember), but when I "browse" to the site, the default page is shown (This site is under construction etc).

Likewise, I added the same pages to the VS.NET solution and still have the same problem. Is there anything wrong with adding all the pages I want on my site to the VS.NET solution? Please let me know if so. Also, I browsed directly to the Default page (localhost:5761/.../Default.aspx) but got this error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:5761.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Thanks

Hi G S S,

Sitefinity BETA 2 can work only with PageNodes created through "Pages" section of the CMS. External pages are not supported in this version.

If you set a home page for your website you will not see the static Default.aspx anymore.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for that. BTW, can I upgrade a Beta 2 project to the Final release version (when released)? So, to avoid downtime.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello G S S,

There will be built-in scripts that upgrade the project automatically ( similar to Upgrading from the Sitefinity 4.0 BETA1 to the BETA2)

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

Does the RC release now support adding external pages (e.g. ASP.NET pages which exactly exist)?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi G S S,

We did not include external pages functionality in the RC. You can take a look at this discussion for some more information.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed