Export response of a submitted form

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:04

Export response of a submitted form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,
I am new Using Sitefinity. I am checking on whether I can use Sitefinty CMS for one of our existing website. I have created a dummy website using Sitefinity 4.0 Beta. My webpage contains a single page and has form module in it. I have posted a few questions on that form. 
Firstly I am not able to see my created page and form when I open the Sitefinity project with visual studio. How can I see the generated code for my webpage and form?

And second when I submit that form answers are saved and i can see them in response section of that page in Sitefinity. But I need to export all those responses in to Excel.
Can I export those responses in Excel and if i can, how?

Please reply!

Thanks,
Mohit

Hi Mohit,

1. Sitefinity pages are dynamically created and you can see them only through the backend ( admin part of the website) or frontend ( public part of the website). Forms controls are embedded into Telerik.Sitefinity assembly.

2. You can extract the form results from the responses as the attached screenshot shows. The results can be exported to CSV format.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for reply. Yes that's not a problem, I can see all the responses when I go to that response button you marked in attachment. but my question was how to export these results to excel. because I don't see anything in code where I can get these responses and nor do I see any option in Sitefintiy back-end to export these responses.
When I click on response I only see the answers submitted by form  but how to export them I can not find.
I have attached screen shot of what I see in response of form. my question still remains How can I export these answers.

Thanks,
Mohit

Hello Mohit,

I think that we implemented this feature in BETA 2. If you use an older version you could upgrade it.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yes it's there in beta2.

Thanks Ivan.

Thanks,
Mohit

This thread is closed