BackendPages opening normal Page listing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:32

BackendPages opening normal Page listing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2010 00:00

Greetings,

I'm unable to open the Backend Pages through Sitefinity's Administration menu. I already had access to those pages a while back and even created a custom Backend Page which is still working perfectly, however when now trying to access the Backend Pages section and after pressing the "Ok, continue" button on the warning screen it redirects me to /BackendPages/Pages but it lists the normal system pages instead of the Backend ones.

Any clue as of why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel Alexandre

PS: Strangely, after adding a new Page (which I intended to add to the normal Page listings), it added the Page to the Backend Pages and this time it refreshed the listing to show those instead of the normal pages. Seems a strange bug which I can't figure out why it's happening. It is just the listing not updating correctly, since when adding pages it does add them correctly to the active node (/Pages or /BackendPages/Pages).

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for using our services.

We are aware of this issue reproducing in IE browser. Are you having this issue in this browser or in some other? However we have not been able to find a clear path for reproducing the problem, as it is occasional and we have not been able to find any dependency. Can you please give us some more information on when you would be getting the normal pages list as opposed to the expected behavior?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Greetings,

I've had the mentioned issue while using Google Chrome.

The issue seems to happen randomly as it is working correctly today, so I'm also unsure of why it happens.

Can't really be any more specified. Last week I just entered Sitefinity's BackOffice, pressed Administration -> Backend Pages and the issue happened, today doing the same opens the Backend Pages correctly.

Regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the clarification.

We have not yet been able to reproduce this in Chrome. We will keep looking for a dependency for this issue and try to resolve it. Thank you for your input on this.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello!

I'm experiencing the exact same problem and also have no idea why it happens. I added some pages to the backend interface several weeks ago. At that time everything was working perfectly. Today I wanted to add some additional pages and I ran into the problem described by Daniel.

I now did some research and tried to access the backend pages administration on several devices and browers - perhaps it helps you guys find the error:

The problem occurs on
- IE 8 / Windows 7
- Safari 5.0.3 / Windows 7
- Chrome 9.0.597.94 / Windows 7
- [EDIT: IE 9 RC / Windows 7]

The problem does not occur on
- Firefox 3.6.13 / Windows 7
- IE 9 Beta / Windows Vista
- Chrome 9.0.597.94 / Mac OS X 10.6
- Safari 5.0.3 / Mac OS X 10.6
- Firefox 3.6.13 / Mac OS X 10.6
- Safari on iPad / iOS 4.2.1
- Safari on iPhone / iOS 4.2.1

Some info about our Sitefinity installation (if you need more information, please don't hesitate to ask):
- Windows Server 2003
- SQL Server 2005
- Sitefinity Standard Edition 4.0.1098.0
- Several languages enabled for the backend interface (although no language packs imported yet)
- Several languages enabled for public content
- Workflow not (yet) enabled

Best regards,
David Knittl

Edit: Just installed IE9 RC on my Windows 7 machine. Doesn't work either.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi David,

Please try to delete your browser cache and check if the problem still exists.

To to this:
1.IE>Tools menu>Internet Options
2. General Tab> Browsing History section > Click Delete button.
3. In the pop-up that appears, select all areas to delete information from and hit Delete.

1. Firefox>Tools menu and then click Options menu, and select Options...Preferences..
2. Select the Advanced panel.
3. Click on the Network tab.
4. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
OR Click Clear Now or  use Ctrl+Shift+Delete

1. Chrome>Tools menu (the wrench in the upper-right corner)
2. Select Options
3. Click the Under the Hood tab
4. Click Clear browsing data…
5. Check the boxes for the types of information you wish to delete
6. Click Clear Browsing Data

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

This thread is closed