Federated Security

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:40

Federated Security

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello,

I'm evaluating Sitefinity and one of our must have requirements is that is can support Federated Security. This means it must be able to community with a Secure Token Service (STS) to perform authorization checks and process claims. Microsoft's Windows Identify Framework makes integrating ASP.net web applications a breeze as long as the application depends on .Net inherit security mechanisms, such as those found in the Principle object.

I've been able to download the trial version of Sitefinity and add a reference to our STS (Starter STS) and was successful in authenticating my user, however it appears the role claims are not mapping correctly to the roles/permissions in Sitefinity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your interest in Sitefinity. We have not tested Secure Token Service in Sitefinity environment and it would be hard to tell you whether we can support this type of authorization and auditing for our release candidate. We will try do perform test for the RTM release and get back to you in the thread.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for your response, Ivan. Being able to integrate with a Secure Token Service (STS) has high value for mid to large companies. Using Windows Identity Foundation, this should be a straight forward endeavor. Once Sitefinity is configured to do this, it can be used to authenticate with ADFS, or any other off the shelf/custom Indentity Provider supporting the Federated Security standards.

In order to get started, I suggest looking at Starter STS:

startersts.codeplex.com/

This is a free STS based on the ASP.net Member, Role, and Profile providers.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Bill,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will forward this request to entire team and we will check what can be done about WIF integration.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2010 00:00

Ivan,

Have you made any progress on the request?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Bill ,

We have not started working on this, We will try do perform test for the RTM release and get back to you in the thread.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

This hasn't been updated for some time - where are we with Federating Sitefinity?
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

We skipped the task because of other tasks with higher priority. In Sitefinity 5.0 we will support CLAIMS and WIF. After that we will implement ADFS.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2012 00:00

Ivan,
ADFS support will be a guiding factor on my next CMS system,  please any updates on this question?  You might have it already just have not found the info, if the info is out their please post a link anybody?

Thanks David

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2012 00:00

Could someone please update this thread?  It's been two years and federated identity is in higher demand and the frameworks available or more mature.  We are interested in this feature!!!

This thread is closed