No Database

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:18

No Database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2010 00:00

I have been creating a website in the Beta version and have about 150 pages created so far. 

Today when I visit the site I get the "This site is under construction" message.  When I attempt to log into the backend, i am prompted to create a database for the site as if starting from scratch.  The only thing I can think of is that its connection to the Database was lost some how.  I have no idea how this would have happened as I haven't actually logged onto the server in a couple of days.

I also have another beta site running on the server and it seems to be fine.

I can see the database on the server and still see all of the Sitefinity tables in it.  Is there a way to reconnect Sitefinity to the DB?  I may go crazy if I have to start over.

Update:  It seems that the only file in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder is SecurityConfig.  I do not have the DataCofig, PagesConfig, ProjectConfig, SystemConfig or ToolboxesConfig files found in the other project.

Is it possible to copy these files from the other project and then modify the connection string to point to the database?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Try the following

1. Open App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config

2. Set <dataConfig initialized="True">

3. Set you connection string inside <connectionStrings> node

<dataConfig initialized="True">
    <openAccessAssemblies />
    <connectionStrings>
        <add name="Sitefinity" connectionString="data source=SERVER;Integrated Security=SSPI;initial catalog=ProjectName" />
    </connectionStrings>

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2010 00:00

I have done that and changed the SERVER value to the name of the server and ProjectName to the name of the database. 

going to the site I receive the page under construction page, and when I try to log into the backend I receive the following error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically MACHINE\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_ab81b0248551443dac385d6e9a5d2b7d.GetPageNode(Guid id) +413
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetRootNodeCore(Boolean ifAccessible) +462
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.FindSiteMapNode(String rawUrl, Boolean ifAccessible) +652
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +400
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +370
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +75
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Anthony,

There some issue with the permissions of the user you use or there is an authentication cookie has left in the browser. There should not be a problem to see this node if you are an administrator. You can take a look at you are not authorized to view a page.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed