cant set permissions for new role

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:02

cant set permissions for new role

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2010 00:00

The page hangs when I click the Permissions link, for any role in the all-roles screen. 

I am not sure if the Permissions link had this behavior before I created my new user and new role.  At this time I get the same results even if I click one of the built-in role’s Permission link

Here is the sequence of what I did:

• created a new role
  • created a new user  (I am not certain of the order in which I did these first two)
  • put the user in the role
  • In all-roles screen I clicked Permissions for the new role  -  error

o    Collection was modified. Enumeration operation may not execute.

o    Description: Machine generated alternative text: The page at http:f/Iocalhost:58418 says: ! Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. OK

o    page hangs

• go back to all roles
  • click Permissions for my role

o    Description: Machine generated alternative text: The page at http://Iocalhost:28062 says: ! Object reference not set to an instance of an object. OK

Please advise.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2010 00:00

This happens for the other 2 developers who also have SF 4.0 Beta 2 running - the same version I am running.
Neither of them have created a user or a role.

go to Roles/ click a Permissions link for one of the roles: get error Collection was modified. Enumeration operation may not execute.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for using our services.

This is a bug in the permissions screen. We have been able to reproduce this in the Sitefinity 4.0 Beta 2 release. I have tried to reproduce this issue on our latest internal build and was unable to. We are going to provide a new release next week. For now we can advise to set permissions for your role by going to Administration -> Permissions and then choose to set permissions by role and select your custom role.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed