could not load Telerik.Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:41

could not load Telerik.Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,
I am using sitefinity 4.0. 
I had created a website using sitefinity 4.0 beta. I don't know the reason but abruptly my website in sitefinity project manager is offline and I am getting this error on sitefinity project. i don't know the exact reason but i recently un- installed a few unimportant softwares from my system, can that be a cause of this problem?

I looked into my website project on visual studio and my project was not able to load dll 'system.web.applicationservices'. I reinstalled .net framework 4.0. but still i am not able to find this dll. can this dll be a reason for this problem.

Please help me to resolve this problem. 

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity SDK 4.0\Projects\TestWebsite\web.config line 83)

Source Error: 

Line 81:     <httpModules>
Line 82:       <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 83:       <add name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModuleIIS6, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
Line 84:       <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
Line 85:       <add name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution.Module.DependencyRegistrarHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution"/>

Thanks,
Mohit

Hello Mohit,

Telerik.Sitefinity.dll is not inside your bin folder or/and your project does not have reference to it.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Ivan

But i still get this error even after copying telerik.sitefinity in to bin folder.

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessTaxonomyProvider_427fd938640e4cbb83309251c920649f.GetTaxonomies() +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.DefinitionsHelper.CreateTaxonomyLink(Guid id, String commandName, String commandArgument, WidgetBarSectionElement sidebar) +113
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDefinitions.DefineContentBackendContentView(ConfigElement parent) +3979
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.Config.ContentViewConfig.OnPropertiesLoaded() +135
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadSection(ConfigSection section, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName) +117
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigSection.Initialize(ConfigProvider provider, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, Boolean singlePolicy) +178
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigSection.Initialize(ConfigProvider provider) +30
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.Get() +221
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.NewsModule.Initialize(ModuleSettings settings) +122
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.InitializeModule(ModuleSettings settings, Boolean start) +150
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +796
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +1703
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +90
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +29
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +192
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +1504
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +348
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +200
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +286

even if i open the project in visual studio it shows error Error
The type or namespace name 'SecurityRulesAttribute' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity SDK 4.0\Projects\TestWebsite\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs

Thanks,
Mohit

I changed the path of Microsoft.WebApplication.targets in my project file. so the last error is resolved but it still gives me this error.

What may be the reason of this error.

Server Error in '/TestWebsite' Application.

The type SByte* does not have an accessible constructor.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The type SByte* does not have an accessible constructor.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The type SByte* does not have an accessible constructor.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForNullExistingObject(IBuilderContext context) +180
   BuildUp_System.SByte*(IBuilderContext ) +179
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +125

[BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[System.SByte*, null]) failed: The type SByte* does not have an accessible constructor. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 5)]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +440
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.Unity.ObjectBuilder.NamedTypeDependencyResolverPolicy.Resolve(IBuilderContext context) +178
   BuildUp_System.String(IBuilderContext ) +356

[InvalidOperationException: The parameter value could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor System.String(System.SByte* value, System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length, System.Text.Encoding enc).]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForResolutionFailed(Exception inner, String parameterName, String constructorSignature, IBuilderContext context) +171
   BuildUp_System.String(IBuilderContext ) +1006
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +125

[BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[System.String, null]) failed: The parameter value could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor System.String(System.SByte* value, System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length, System.Text.Encoding enc). (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 5)]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +440
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.Unity.ObjectBuilder.NamedTypeDependencyResolverPolicy.Resolve(IBuilderContext context) +178
   BuildUp_Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager(IBuilderContext ) +351

[InvalidOperationException: The parameter providerName could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager(System.String providerName, System.String transactionName).]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForResolutionFailed(Exception inner, String parameterName, String constructorSignature, IBuilderContext context) +171
   BuildUp_Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager(IBuilderContext ) +726

[BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager, OpenAccessDataProvider]) failed: The parameter providerName could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager(System.String providerName, System.String transactionName). (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 5)]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name) +299

[ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager", name = "OpenAccessDataProvider". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager, OpenAccessDataProvider]) failed: The parameter providerName could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager(System.String providerName, System.String transactionName). (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 5)]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name) +407
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.Unity.UnityContainerBase.Resolve(String name) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +261
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.DefinitionsHelper.CreateTaxonomyLink(Guid id, String commandName, String commandArgument, WidgetBarSectionElement sidebar) +83
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDefinitions.DefineContentBackendContentView(ConfigElement parent) +3979
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.Config.ContentViewConfig.OnPropertiesLoaded() +135
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadSection(ConfigSection section, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName) +117
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigSection.Initialize(ConfigProvider provider, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, Boolean singlePolicy) +178
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigSection.Initialize(ConfigProvider provider) +30
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.Get() +221
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.NewsModule.Initialize(ModuleSettings settings) +122
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.InitializeModule(ModuleSettings settings, Boolean start) +150
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +796
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +1703
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +90
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +29
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +192
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +1504
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +348
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +200
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +286

Thanks,
Mohti

Hi Mohit,

I suggest that you should start from the very beginning with a new project. You have messed the references of your project and it looks like that the database has been corrupted.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed