Unable to open DefaultTemplates or Themes in Visual Studio

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:42

Unable to open DefaultTemplates or Themes in Visual Studio

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2010 00:00

I have read the designers help doc along with the install and user guides, but I have been unable to find anything that would be causing this.  I have a site setup and running on a remote development server.  I then open the project in visual studio via file system.  I can see the WebSiteTemplates directory, but I am unable to open any of the files. 

I get "The Item 'Default.master' does not exist in the project directory.  It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.

I notice that ass the css files have a yellow warning that they are not present.  I had also noticed that a few dll references were missing so I added them all back and was able to build, but this seems to be something else.  What am I missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for using our services.

This is a bug in the SitefinityWebApp project file. It is caused because we have changed the way how we distribute the control templates - we now distribute them with the Sitefinity 4.0 SDK. You have to download the SDK and get the control templates from there and add them to your project. We are going to fix this issue for our next release.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed