where is custom control's user data stored

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:22

where is custom control's user data stored

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2010 00:00

SF 4.0 Beta 2.0     db = MS SQL Server 2008

I have made a custom control (an ascx file w code) which has 3 public properties.  When I use the control on a page, and click Edit on the control, SF presents me we a dialogue box that includes text boxes where I can enter values for the public properties. The values that I enter show up where I expect them when I View the page.

Where does SF store the values that I enter for those public properties?

More generally, is there a document that maps page settings etc to tables and fields in the database.

My code looks like this:
public partial class UserControls_LessonSpecificData : System.Web.UI.UserControl

public string UserString get; set;
    public string LessonNumber get; set;
    public string QuestionOne get; set;

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

lblOne.Text = String.Format("This is the UserString = 0", UserString);
        lblTwo.Text = String.Format("This is the LessonNumber = 0", LessonNumber);
        lblThree.Text = String.Format("This is the QuestionOne = 0", QuestionOne);

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Phillip,

Properties are saved into [sf_control_properties]. There is no documentation of the mappings, because we use Telerik Open Access ORM which takes care of the mapping. We use API methods to get/set the data.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed