Development Question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:02

Development Question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2010 00:00

"The Software is licensed on a per-domain basis. You may only install and use the Software on 1 top level domain. There is no limitation to the number of subdomains within the top level domain, on which you may install and use the Software (i.e. by registering a license key for the Software for the top level domain mysite.com, you will be able to use it for all subdomains - www.mysite.com, http://support.mysite.com, http://mysite.com, etc.)"

How does this work with development - is it possible to (and can we legitimately) install Sitefinity 4.0 on a development server to develop our product i.e. a totally separate server from the domain mysite.com?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Matt,

1 Sitefinity license indeed works for 1 top level domain name and all its subdomains. Let's take the example when you are creating a website for the domain name matt.com. If you would like to create a development environment, where you'd also like to show a proof of concept to your client, you can either access and show this through localhost , IP address, or alternatively you can route a subdomain of matt.com to your server. In all three cases, you will not see the trial message.

An alternative, which depends on the question if you are planning to be building sites on Sitefinity for your clients and are interested in becoming a partner, would be to take advantage of the partner program benefits, one of which is free license for development environment websites (and more). If that sounds interesting, I could put you in touch with one of our regional partner managers who can discuss this with you in further detail.

What do you think, Matt?

Best wishes,
Grisha Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Grisha,

We don't qualify to be partners (yet) - we haven't begun writing our site yet.

We may, however, consider that once we have something up and running.

Regards.

Matt.

This thread is closed