Content Limit Q

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:21

Content Limit Q

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2010 00:00

Is there anyway to elaborate on how is the Content Limit on the two base SKUs calculated?

So...
1) What counts against the limit.
2) Do Custom modules based off those modules also count against the limit.
3) (Validating this one) Controls added to a page do NOT count against the 1000 limit?  So if I have 5 news items in the backend, and drop a newsview control onto a page I'm using 1 page, and 5 items, not 1 page and 6 items right?

Regards,
Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the questions.

1) As Gabe explained during the Sitefinity 4.0 RC webinar, pages and page groups in the Pages listing section of Sitefinity, as well as content items within the "News" , "Events" , "Videos", "Documents", "Forms" and the "Generic content" modules - those count towards the limit.
2) Items within custom modules, based on existing Sitefinity modules do count against the limit.
3) Controls are not content items as per 1) above, so the answer is - no, they will NOT count against the limit. If you have 5 news items in the backend and drop a newsview control onto a page, you will indeed be using 5 items and 1 page.

I hope that helps, Steve!

Best wishes,
Grisha Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed