Developers License - a nice plus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:49

Developers License - a nice plus

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2010 00:00

I have been selling and developing with sitefinity for a year or so now and have sold 3 liceneses for 3.x. It would be of great benefit to an organization that sells and builds upon Sitefinity to have a special developers license that they could build thier public facing website on to showcase the product. I feel that anyone promoting a product should be showcasing that product as a sales tool and use it themselves.  But as I am a small developer, the price of getting a a public sales site is now out of my price range. Is there any discussion on providing  such a licsense to those that are small and maybe have only a couple of sites under thier belt to be able to have a fully functional Sitefinity site as thier company website?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2010 00:00

There kindof is...you could attempt to become a partner then pass the savings onto your clients...although it is hard to be a one man show and get partner status...but not impossible :)

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2010 00:00

Not really a "one man" show lol, but I am the only  evangelist in our "3 man" show for sitefinity. I have 3 sucsessful SF3.7 sites up and running and would like to convert all clients over. We now host and maintain approx. 70 web sites. But at the new pricing I don't think I will get many of them, Most are those little restaurant and mom and pop stores that are struggling enough in today's economic situation.  But we do have 5-10 sites that have over 3,000 static pages (in SF's eyes) and 4 sites that have anywhere from 10-20 daily editors of content, but are not-for-profit or schools.

We are in the process of applying for "Service Partner" status but that does not provide a lic for the company to run it's own web site on Sitefinity. 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Scott,

It's great to hear that you have already applied to become a Sitefinity Service Partner! I'm sure my colleagues are already assisting you throughout the process. Please, ask the person you are already in communication regarding a NFR (not-for-resale) Sitefinity license. They might be able to help you out.

About the small websites you mentioned, how would the Sitefinity Small Business Edition fir those projects in terms of pricing and requirements?

Sincerely yours,
Anton
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed