Cannot find sibling exception.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:18

Cannot find sibling exception.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello All,

We have exception which appears at one page only. As I know we didn't change content and/or code before crash. 
It's very strange behavior. May be you can help me to resolve it:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot find sibling.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Cannot find sibling.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidDataException: Cannot find sibling.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageHelper.SortControls(IEnumerable`1 controlContainers, Int32 count) +640
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageHelper.ProcessControls(IList`1 controls, IList`1 placeholders, IList`1 controlContainers) +72
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageDraftProxy..ctor(PageDraft pageData, PageNode pageNode, PageDataProvider provider, Boolean isPreview) +848
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetPageData(SiteMapNode node) +459
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +107
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +38
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +8886120
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1              

Hi Vitaly,

The error is produced, because of mismatch of the controls/holders in the template and their parent ids. The error is thrown when the parent of one control/holder do not match correct child and docks cannot be arranged properly. Could you give us some steps( or send a screencast) that we could follow to replicate the issue here. After the page and controls have been added have you made some changes to the ContentPlaceHolders, layouts, removing and replacing templates etc?

The issue could happen in cases when you have removed some controls - physically deleted. When the page is loaded, it is divided on holders and the error says that when an element cannot get the siblings of  matched elements.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

We didn't make any changes and it's very strange. I've added Google analytics control at the master page via designer whithout editing master files. Could you provide some instruction how I can check/fix it into db? 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Vitaly,

It is not possible to check or fix this through the database you should recreate the page. If there are any steps that I can follow to replicate the issue, please let me know.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2010 00:00

Ivan,

Thank you for your help

This thread is closed